Friday, April 08, 2005

A Lutheran Apologist

Pastor Paul T. McCain's blog, Cyberbrethren, is new to me, but it seems to communicate a spirit that is very close to others I've recommended. McCain is a pastor in the Missouri Synod Lutheran denomination, which I understand to be the fundamentalist wing of modern-day Lutheranism. I've read numerous accounts describing the Missouri Synod's rigid practice of ecclesiastical separation, which is not at all unlike the most conservative groups within modern evangelicalism. McCain's sidebar explaining his heritage provides some worthwhile background.

I haven't read thoroughly all that Pastor McCain has to say about the events of this past week, but you may well find his perspective valuable, since he is a confessing evangelical who intends to carry on the tradition of Martin Luther.

Thanks once again to roving reporter Angus for the link.

No comments: