Friday, May 27, 2005

Tom Cruise: NANC Certified?

Tom rips into Ritalin and psychotherapy.

From the video interview:

There is a hormonal thing that is going on [with postpartum depression], scientifically, you can prove that. . . . But when you talk about emotional, chemical imbalances in people, there is no science behind that.
I'm going right after psychiatry and these false labels and this pseudo-science.
Am I making people aware of it by discussing it openly and saying what a fraud psychiatry is? You bet I am. I feel a responsibility because I care.
SAT (exam) scores have gone right down the toilet. The parents are blaming the teachers, the teachers are blaming the parents and the psychs are putting everyone on drugs.
And no, I don't watch Access Hollywood. Pray for this friend of mine who apparently does.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Cruise is well known to be an adherent of Scientology. If I recall correctly, Mr. Hubbard bore some ill will toward psychiatry that he passed along to Scientology.

Regards,

Ken Abbott

Anonymous said...

Those comments would be NANC approved indeed, though some strong NANC people would also dismiss post-partum depression (probably only NANC certified men).

Anonymous said...

I meant to identify myself as Darrell in the last comment posted