Thursday, January 28, 2010

Department of Redundancy Department

From SI today:
Editor’s note: D. A. Carson is Research Professor of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, IL. and author of many articles and books. A few important recent volumes are Christ and Culture Revisited, Evangelicalism: What Is It and Is It Worth Keeping?, and Scandalous: The Cross and Resurrection of Jesus (RE: Lit). He does not claim to be a Fundamentalist.
;-)

For what it's worth, I agree wholeheartedly with said editor's endorsement in the comments of Carson's Exegetical Fallacies. Without question, it's one of the five books that have influenced me more than all others. If you disagreed with Chris Anderson, you probably haven't read it.

3 comments:

Aaron B. said...

Hi Ben. Yeah, I've been getting poked at a bit for the "does not claim" line. I sort of had visions of a post somewhere saying "SI claims D. A. Carson is a model fundamentalist"... maybe I need a vacation.:D

Ben said...

Well, as long as you let me write a tribute to M*** D**** and your editor's note say he does claim to be a fundamentalist . . . ;-)

Aaron B. said...

I'll think about that... eventually.