Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Off Topic [Budget Rant]

For perspective on the federal budget and the "$38 billion" "cut," divide by 100,000,000:
We have a family that is spending $38,200 per year. The family’s income is $21,700 per year. The family adds $16,500 in credit card debt every year in order to pay its bills. After a long and difficult debate among family members, keeping in mind that it was not going to be possible to borrow $16,500 every year forever, the parents and children agreed that a $380/year premium cable subscription could be terminated. So now the family will have to borrow only $16,120 per year.

7 comments:

d4v34x said...

Glenn Beck guest post?

>:^$

Ben said...

I like to think more like a story problem easily mastered by Ace Virtueson and Reginald Upright in Math P.A.C.E. 31-ish.

David Stertz said...

"Ace Virtueson and Reginald Upright."

I wonder how many people will understand that comment? For me it brought a smile to my face!

Ben said...

That may have been the first time I ever typed those words. What was the name of the bad girl? And what was the the last name of the kid with the politically incorrect first name "Pudge"? All I can think of is "Rodriguez."

d4v34x said...

Oh, what I must have missed having gone to normal school.

Unknown said...

The first reference to A.C.E. that I've ever seen on the internet. My life is complete.
Ronnie and Susie were the bad kids.

Ben said...

I'd been looking for a good chance to drop an ACE allusion.